Sunday, September 14, 2014

BYB 4 YEARS LATER: INSPIRED BY YOU!

There is no other way to describe how I feel emotionally right now. Bleeding Yankee Blue is 4 years old today.  It's a birthday, and everyone reading this right now contributed to getting us here.  Yup, it's unbelievable... it's the most significant accomplishment in my life and so much of it has to do with you!


It started out with me back in September 2010. Then we started the climb... and with the help of my incredible writers and you all checking in on BYB every morning, noon and night, we've been a pretty large following. Bleeding Yankee Blue is now an appointment, and you... the readers, the fans, are the most incredible people in the world.  You guys appreciate our point of view, and you keep us driven.  That's very telling.  That's an audience that cares! That in turn helps put things in perspective for us here at BYB. It's been a pretty powerful journey, huh?

Look, despite the Yankees offensive problems this season, one things for sure, the Yankees will go on like they always have. But BYB is still standing tall. No matter what happens to the Yankees, we still fill our pages with unique perspective and interesting commentary. Dare I say, we even make you laugh and cry. Remember ladies and gentlemen, BYB started as a rant site and developed into something slightly different.
We’re the softer side of Yankee news, yet, we have an edge.  We were the underdog when we started and we’re the ones who kept grinding despite the criticism and nastiness of the other website and of the "stat heads" that suggested there were "too many Yankee sites." I laughed. I knew what we were doing was going to be different... so I ignored the hate, and my writers and I started our journey.

In the end, BYB are the ones who've succeeded and passed the haters.  And you know what? We did it because we knew we could.  We believed. We are fearless. We have confidence in a product and you embraced us like a family member that understood greatness.  There is no better give-and-take in life, and thank god you understand what we represent here.  Bleeding Yankee Blue is about hope, desire, passion and pure guts.  We never sleep. We always offer you a different perspective, be it positive or negative and there’s a crazy variety.  We’ll give you stats, but we’re not stat heavy.  You want heavy stats? Go somewhere else.  Bottom line, we found our audience. The formula was out there all along, but sometimes certain blogs think they have it figured out,  and they ignore the obvious... they ignored you.  We didn't and luckily for us, we have the audience the others don't have... and we become a family in the process!


So today, on our Anniversary, or our birthday, whatever you want to call it, we see the big picture.  We write about the Yankees, but we write about family and life and the lessons that will guide you.  You see, I have always believed that baseball and life are parallel in so many ways. It starts as early as Tee-ball, or childhood, and then develops into the Farm league, or, elementary school and the social aspect and learning that will take you further.

Before you know it, you’re on a 60-90 diamond and you’re in the real world.  And that swing you have may need a tweak.  Or, maybe that swing’s your attitude and how you handle people in the real world.


Baseball’s about stepping stones and in life, you constantly climb mountains.  There are obstacles, and dammit, it’s the hardest fight in the world. Many times you’re tired and you want to give up.  You stare at the mountain and you think to yourself, “I could stop right now and be content.” Then you mind wonders, and you think...  “But what if I make it?!”  Suddenly, there you are on top, and looking in the distance, there’s another mountain, slightly bigger than the one you just climbed.  But here’s the difference this time; You have the confidence to tackle it and go further.  That’s life. That’s BYB. That’s us, all of us…together as a family. I am so blessed to have you read our pages every day, and so happy that you are with us on this journey.

Because of that drive, BYB has created bonds with so many people over the years.  First off, I have become much closer to my writers, who, I have to say, are some of the hardest working people in the world.
Remember, we all have families, we all have jobs and we grind this BYB operation out daily for you!  Yes, we love it, but we do this for free. It’s for the love of the team and our passion for writing.  When you read us, when you share us and talk about us, there is nothing more gratifying, trust me... That's why we keep doing it.


We here, believe in the achiever and we've expressed that plenty.  We appreciate guys like Ty Hensley, and his promotion to the Staten Island Yankees this year. The fact that I can just reach out and ask for an update on Ty’s life and he doesn’t hesitate, makes me happy.  It means we're doing something right.  Ty knows we believe in him, and in turn, he and his family supports Bleeding Yankee Blue.


His mother Marci’s something else too... that's Mama Bear. Loving her family, supporting what we do as well! We love you guys. Keep going, kiddo!


Laura Posada started her own company as a life coach and her new website is Lauraposada.com. She and Jorge are all about a positive lifestyle for their family and the Posada family supports BYB and we couldn’t be happier about that relationship.


You’re an inspiration, Laura and Jorge!  Thanks for being you, for being great and for keeping us in the loop here at BYB. We’ll always be grateful of our friendship with you!


 He's headed into his 4th year of remission from cancer.  It’s been a truly brutal battle, but I’ve got to know Shane, and much like the title of our interview with him, THE FIGHTER, he truly is.  Besides his family who helped him through the fight, the Yankees did too.  They didn’t know it at the time, but them winning kept Shane fighting, and I was truly blown away by his story.  Be sure to read our interview.  The other blogs won’t do this type of interview… but we do, because the human interest element is emotional and touching and we all experience tragedy and achievement in our lives. I thank the Vargas for opening up to me. I will forever appreciate you guys!


I once met two Australians in Time Square for a pint.  I handed them 2 Bleeding Yankee Blue t-shirts. We shook hands, and became friends for life.  Joey and Charles Moses are 2 of the most incredible guys I know.  Since our birth at BYB, they have been there, supporting us, constantly communicating with me and we share stories about our families and life alot. But it was the Yankees that brought us together.  They’re my Australian Family. They’re wonderful. Read FROM THE BRONX, AUSTRALIA... WITH LOVE for more.


Amber Sabathia makes us smile every day here.  She's an entrepreneur and one of the hardest working women out there.  She runs AmberSabathia.com, has a clothing line called CCandy.com, which turned 1 this year and she and CC do plenty of great things to help others with the PitCCh In Foundation.  The Sabathia family is a true inspiration.  Plus... CC love us too:


We were able to interview David Phelps this year. Read EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: DAVID PHELPS.


He's a great kid with a great future. Plus, his wife reads us... what's not to like!

We were able to chat with Ken Singleton this year. Read EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: KEN SINGLETON. A great broadcaster with hardworking colleagues and I really loved learning about Kenny and the Cool Kids Campaign. Plus, we got to know guys like Bob Lorenz, Jack Curry and Nancy Newman alittle better in 2014!


Bob & Jack are THE STARSKY & HUTCH OF YES, you know.

BYB got to chat it up with draft pick Sean Carley, the young pitcher who drew comparisons to tough guy Kenny Powers, only to shave and have that story disappear before our eyes.  Read EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: SEAN CARLEY IS EXCEEDING EXPECTATIONS.


Sean Carley is his own man, and proving it for the Yanks on the farm with the Staten Island Yankees.  Gotta love it!

We chatted with Brett Gardner during his hot streak this year! Read BRETT GARDNER EXCLUSIVE, and with that we started to realize that BYB was creeping ahead of the rest in the blog world. We realized that if these players and incredible people are coming to line up to talk to us... we have a voice... we're making things happen. We're relevant. Thank you for helping make that happen!


We even became pals with Chicago radio guys Fahey & Chivari, and while we never considered the combination of cats and wine before... we do now.  (Read MY CHICAGO FRIENDS ARE COOL! to be included on the inside joke.)

There's a reason why all these people have created a bond with BYB. We're trusted, we're professionals, we're family.  We're working hard as a group to take it to the next level.  We're no longer a blog... we're a website, an appointment and we're working hard not to disappoint.  Myself and my writers make sure you’re fed every day, and if it means we need to be as busy on these pages as we are in our own life,  then I guess we never stop working for our audience.


This is Erica Morales, literally crashing while writing for our BYB audience one late night.  There’s no bigger support than her family who send out this picture.  BYB's a grind, and Erica's lovely family respects her hard work and dedication to her craft.  This photo is significant in so many ways.


When Mariano Rivera went to Trenton one night, BYB was there. Specifically... Suzie Pinstripe.  You see the woman with the iPad on the right? That’s Suzie. She’s in the middle of it and she's working for you, the BYB audience.  Incredible doesn’t begin to describe it.

Steve Skinner, one of our writers has brought you very telling interviews with Ian Clarkin and Michael O'Neill.

EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: IAN CLARKIN
EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: MICHAEL O'NEILL


Both great kids, both with a great future with the Yankees, and Steve made sure we had these interviews for our audience.  It proves our dedication. We don't want to disappoint, because we know you'll be looking for it.

All of my writers are unique in so many ways.  All of them have a flair and write differently. And all of them know that if each of us need alittle help getting something great on the pages of BYB... we all jump in and help. No matter what we're doing, no matter how busy we all are... we communicate, we figure it out and we make it happen.  Team work, and execution. This is the best damn group of writers I've ever dealt with. Jeana, Mike, Ike, Steve, Suzie, Erica, Alexis, Douglas. I love you guys.

Look, this post is meant to be a celebration!  When that happens, you like to thank the people on your journey with you. I know this is long, but you know it's not boring... it's a resume. We've accomplished alot... and for the record, all those names above happened in 2014!

The irony of today and our birthday is simple. We were frustrated back on September 14th 2010 with our Yankees, and today, the way the Yanks have been playing, our ranting has returned.  It's the same type of feeling I have for my team as I did 4 years ago.  I'm frustrated and annoyed.  Will it change? Or course it will.  I love my Yankees... here's the difference though; these days, I have over 3500 friends a day that I can talk to about it.  Back in 2010... I had only me.

Hard work pays off ladies and gentlemen.  What started with me wanting to write down my thoughts on a silly loss turned into a large family of fans, who aren't just Yankee fans, but just damn good people.  The BYB audience is smart!  You understand what we're building here and you're on board.  You know we're fans, you know we don't take ourselves too seriously and you understand that we're having fun.  The best part is, you've joined us. 

Bleeding Yankee Blue is 4 years old today. If you told me this would happen when it started, I would have laughed at you. But you lit a fire in me. You lit a fire in my writers.  You want us here! You appreciate us and trust me when I tell you, We appreciate our readers... our fans, our family. You read us and you wear us....


You let me know about it and Tweet it!  You Facebook and Instagram us. Hell, you even put BYB on Pintrest! It's incredible! We have a following! I mean, are you kidding?


That's why I call you guys my BYB Freaks! You have no idea how special it is to walk into Yankee Stadium and see someone wearing a BYB T-shirt.  You have no idea how special it is to know that you WANT TO WEAR US!  Again, I am blessed and appreciate your kindness and support.


You guys are the best, smartest, kindest, unselfish individuals I have ever written for. Our bond is unbreakable and we love you all for reading our pages and sharing your own stories and opinions.  It's been incredible to see what BYB has become and it went fast. I speak for all my writers when I tell you just how blessed we are. You make us smile just because you read us.  Trust me, as an author, you have no idea just how special it is to know that someone believes in you and what you have on paper.

So, Thank you.  Thanks for always being there. I'm blessed to have you all in my life, and I appreciate you pushing us to the next level.  BYB may have started with me, but it's inspired by you.  You guys keep us going.  Without you... we're nothing.

Thanks! We'll continue to not let you down.




-Robert Casey, CEO & Writer  BleedingYankeeBlue.com
Follow me: @BleednYankeeBlu



You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017